[Foundation-l] Hiding namespaces from search engines

Alex mrzmanwiki at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 22:59:25 UTC 2008

Chad wrote:
> I think it's a great idea, personally. Robots.txt has (hopefully)
> been a way for us to keep things like this out of search engines.
> Keeping it out of our internal searches (ie: for our anon users)
> would be beneficial as well, methinks.

Currently all (most?) special pages contain
Perhaps instead of using robots.txt for this, a configuration variable
like $wgNonIndexedNamespaces = array( ... ); that would add that meta
tag to the top of every page in the namespace and could be easily
referenced used by the internal search as well?

--
Alex (w:en:User:Mr.Z-man)