[Foundation-l] Advertisements?

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 21:07:23 UTC 2008

Right, and companies would pay big bucks to exploit us for that reason.

I'll humor you further. What about politically motivated groups that want to
buy the "advertisement" section to soapbox their political views?

Even if you randomly display the message in question reading about such a
thing on an unrelated page is not any better.

We have an ongoing election in the United States. I am sure presidential
candidates would love to use wikipedia for their smear campaigns. We have
already seen many examples of this such as edits coming from congress IPs.
Such attempts are reverted per [[WP:BLP]] which we will not be able to do to
our paying customers.

     - White Cat