[Foundation-l] [Announcement] Frank Schulenburg

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Wed Mar 19 15:32:37 UTC 2008

Hi Sue!

> I'm delighted to tell you that Frank Schulenburg has agreed to lead
> the Wikimedia Foundation’s public outreach initiatives.

A wise and promising decision! Frank has proven that he is the best man
for the job and I'm happy that with your support he will have so many
new opportunities to use his talents.

> I believe this move will strengthen the Foundation's relationship
> with Wikimedia Deutschland, which is great. Wikimedia Deutschland is
> an important partner for the Foundation.

Thanks, and of course both is also true the other way round. We are
happy to announce that on its last meeting the board of Wikimedia
Deutschland has allocated up to 15,000 Euros for international outreach
activities. I'm sure we will use the money to realize promising concepts
to help foster the smaller projects with their big potential.

Kurt