[Foundation-l] Contact from Chile

Robert Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Tue Mar 18 02:52:29 UTC 2008

Mark Williamson wrote:
> Well, we already have plenty of Chileans working at Wikipedia and
> related projects.
>
> Mark

That is a rather flippant remark here.  Of course there are plenty of
Chileans working in Wikipedia.... likely even on the English language
edition.

I'm suggesting that you shouldn't be so callous as to think everybody
who makes a remark like Alejandro is completely familiar with the
organization of the Wikimedia Foundation and even ways that they may be
able to contribute.  Remarks like this are not only not helpful, but
demonstrate a decidedly hostile attitude toward new users and people
outside of the select few who are regular posters here.

I'm not exactly sure what the status of Wikimedia Chile may be, as the
closest chapter I can find is the one in Argentina.  If somebody has
taken the time to even discover the existence of this list and post a
question in the first place, it shows they have quite a bit of
self-initiative, particularly considering that Alejandro may not even
speak English as his primary language.  I sure hope this isn't a typical
attitude of those who post on this list in a regular fashion.

-- Robert Horning