[Foundation-l] Restricting Appointed members (Proposal).

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 17:36:50 UTC 2008

> This provision is meant to close the loophole of appointments to resignations.

Are you suggesting all resignations of elected members lead to
immediate by-elections, or am I misunderstanding you? Do you really
think it's necessary to have by-elections when we have regular
elections every year? Elections take a lot of organisation and time
and having one every time there's an empty seat seems inefficient. It
also means the board could fall below minimum of 7 members required by
Article IV Section 2 and it would take a significant amount of time (a
month at a bare minimum, I would think) before that could be
corrected, I don't think that's a good thing.