[Foundation-l] A train without destination?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Mar 17 07:15:37 UTC 2008

Geoffrey Plourde wrote:
> Sorry, Charlie. According to the Charter, trustees are indemnified, no matter what the law in Zimbabwe is.

I can't see what indemnification has to do with anything, and even less
how Zimbabwean law gets meaningfully into the picture. Indemnification
often does not apply in cases of willful wrong or gross negligence. When
we put someone on a Board we expect them to know that.  Nevertheless my
post was about the need to delegate power, not about horror stories for
what can go wrong if they don't do everything themselves.

Ec