[Foundation-l] A train without destination?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 22:46:17 UTC 2008

On 16/03/2008, Geoffrey Plourde <geo.plrd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I.E. they could transfer it to Bill Gates for one dollar, then donate the dollar back into the Foundation.

They certainly could. Whether or not they could do so legally is
another matter. I believe the trustees are legally obliged to work in
the interests of achieving the foundation's stated goals, in the same
way the board of a public company are legally obliged to work in the
interests of making money for the shareholders. I could be wrong, of
course, but that's my understanding.