[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Geoffrey Plourde geo.plrd at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 21:42:42 UTC 2008

I was being serious. I mean no disrespect to the owner, but as David says below, I see no valid reason for this Council to exist. My issues are;

1) The size of the body is too small to adequately represent the Community.
2) The Board is already accountable to the community, through the annual election.
3) The initial membership is not being selected transparently.

Here is how it can be reformed;

1) Increase the size to 200-400 members.
2) Give each project a specific number of members, based on size.
3) Rename it the Community Assembly
4) Give the initial slots to anyone who is interested.
5) Clearly state a purpose.

Thoughts?

Geoffrey Plourde