[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 09:27:19 UTC 2008

Hoi,
So I did not get this point across. People of other languages and cultures
contribute to our projects. You should however not try to represent them all
in one big representative body. It does not work and even worse you can
continue to split further based on all kinds of demographics. A Dutch
catholic has a different view point then a Dutch protestant, a Dutchman from
Friesland is utterly different from a Dutchman from Amsterdam or Limburg,
Zeeland or Westfriesland. We cannot have them all be represented in the
proposed WMF council and consequently we should not. We can have them all be
represented in our projects and we should.

I hope you can are happy when it is expressed like this ?
Thanks,
     GerardM