[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 06:03:53 UTC 2008

You hope to get 300/400 people who are really involved in Wikis, at a
Wiki event, but you don't want them to get involved with something
policy related regarding the Wikimedia Foundation, because that will
cease to make it the cutting edge of wikidom?

Uh.....what? Ignoring for a second how a policy meeting doesn't have
anything to do with cutting edge or not, I'm really curious how you
think that an event that you say is targeted at people really into
Wikis should not be the site of a meeting of a group of people who
are....really into wikis.

You have your personal view of what Wikimania should be. And so do
others. There is no "as we know it" but rather "as you know it".
"We", all have differing interpretations of what Wikimania should be
(many of which probably do not coincide with yours.)

-Dan