[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 20:00:23 UTC 2008

On 3/13/08, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes I wonder is Milos is losing something in
>  translation here.  I don't believe he means what
>  native English speakers are reading here. Since he
>  says "content issues which is now a matter of Office,
> Board and Jimmy -- and which deal only with content on
> English Wikipedia", and they do not actually deal with
>  content issues as I understand the term

Actually, they do. Things like NPOV or even deus ex machina actions
from Jimmy or Office members, which are not often, but common -- are
content related matters. Also, Board members are often enough
addressed when someone thinks that some content is inappropriate
(which is a problem of a person who is asking), but Board members are
making reactions (which *is* our problem) and it is sometimes only
with a Board member authority (cf. "Racism on Commons" or similar from
a month or two ago and Erik's [then a board member] and Florence's
actions), but sometimes with relevant implicit or explicit power (a
number of Jimmy's actions).

Moving this issue to the standard procedure, without super powers of
Board members would even give a possibility to the Board members to
freely participate into the projects.