[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 19:48:02 UTC 2008

--- Andrew Whitworth <wknight8111 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Thomas Dalton
> <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >  This raises another issue: Some time in the
> future we would need
> >  >  another body which would deal with content
> only, while Council should
> >  >  continue to deal only with community matters.
> >
> >  That could be handled by a committee structure
> within the council
> >  rather than separate bodies. It's an issue to be
> discussed in a year
> >  or two's time, though, I think.
>
> Maybe i'm missing something about this proposal.
> Shouldn't content
> issues be left to the individual projects themselves
> to decide? What
> business would a foundation-wide council have
> getting involved in
> per-project content issues?
>
> --Andrew Whitworth

Yes I wonder is Milos is losing something in
translation here.  I don't believe he means what
native English speakers are reading here. Since he
says "content issues which is now a matter of Office,
Board and Jimmy -- and which deal only with content on
English Wikipedia", and they do not actually deal with
content issues as I understand the term

Birgitte SB

Birgitte SB