[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 11:24:57 UTC 2008

On 3/13/08, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  If so, the important question then left is essentially, what should be
>  >  under the authority of who ?
>

> There is a special case of that question that is especially important:
>  Who decides who has authority over issues that we haven't thought of
>  yet? That's the question that really determines who has more power.

In the completely formed situation (VC is a fully representative body
and community has a crucial role in forming WMF Board), if two bodies
don't agree about what is which part of the job, there is a
possibility for referendum inside of the community: to decide which
job it is or to decide what to do.

BTW, I am sure that we will need a judicial body in the future, too.