[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 06:22:21 UTC 2008

I think that a volunteer council is a great and well needed idea. I
don't think that a preliminary council, flying by the seat of their
pants and figuring out their jobs and authority as they go is at all a
good idea. I especially don't like one that is already secretive about
who will be on it. There are, for instance, some people that I would
not support on a volunteer council under any situation. There are
other people who would probably count me among that number. Brigitte
said it absolutely best: with a group like this WHO [is on it] is
probably the most important factor, possibly even more so than WHAT
[does it do]; especially since who is on the council will define what
they are able to do.

-Dan