[Foundation-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

Mike Godwin mgodwin at wikimedia.org
Thu Mar 13 04:24:07 UTC 2008

Birgitte writes:

>> Can you remind me again what sources we *do* trust
>> altogether for
>> their objectivity?
>

> Consumer Reports?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Reports

Hey, I've actually represented Consumers Union, which publishes
Consumer Reports!  I love my friends there, but I'm still traumatized
by the issue in which they rated the IBM PCjr (an ill-fated, hobbled
machine) over the Apple //c (all the functionality of a fitted out
Apple //e, but portable!).  I'm not entirely sure the review was all
that objective.

--Mike