[Foundation-l] Statement to the Associated Press

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Mar 12 21:13:30 UTC 2008

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> I encourage anyone who is tempted to believe this story to consider the
> source.

It's a good thing we have a Wikipedia article to follow up what you mean
by that. =] I had totally not connected in my head that this is the same
guy who offered $50k on LKML for someone to relicense the Linux kernel
from the GPL to something more to his liking. And then sued Bruce Perens
and a few hundred anonymous Slashdot posters for their response to that
offer (and then dropped the suit). And that's not the only set of
groundless accusations, lawsuits, etc. in his history.

-Mark, expecting a summons any day now