[Foundation-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:48:53 UTC 2008

We certainly do teach them about the factor of medical advertisement
as it affects the content of medical journals. It's widely discussed,
and if we dont have a WP article on it we ought to. I'll defer
references till there. The effect of advertisements on news reporting
in general is another well known phenomenon. Again, we ought to have
an article.

I'll send examples as I see them.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Mike Godwin <mgodwin at wikimedia.org> wrote:

>  Brian writes:
>
>  > That aside, I'd like to see an example of an educational institution
>  > that
>  > recommends their students visit Wikipedia because it is an impartial
>  > source
>  > of information. A handful would really demonstrate the point.
>
>  I'm also interested in academic institutions that advise students not
>  to consult scientific journals or other periodicals that contain
>  advertisements, since they are necessarily biased. I too would be
>  satisfied with a handful.
>

>  --Mike

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.