[Foundation-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 21:58:32 UTC 2008

Hoi,
To state the obvious.... what community ? There are over 250 Wikipedias,
there are Wiktionaries, Wikiversities, Wikibooks etc. all of them build
their own communities, their own policies. So I am not sure at all what
community you are talking about. What is absolutely clear to me is that
there is no consensus among all these communities and even within a single
community it is hard to find agreement on any single issue.

Given what the aim of the Foundation and its projects is, it is likely a lot
easier to get a clue what is helpful to the people we do it all for.
Thanks,
      GerardM