[Foundation-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Tue Mar 11 15:19:57 UTC 2008

If Wikipedia really did need to use advertising to bring in enough revenue
this would be one of the least damaging places to have it.

However, this may seriously conflict with the privacy policy as a referrer
would be given and Google could gather data on who searched for what on the
Wikipedia internal search pages. I strongly suspect this aspect of that
particular "pact with the devil" is what many, many Wikipedians would
strongly object to.

Brian McNeil