[Foundation-l] [Fwd: About Alexandria] -> to Usenet ?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Mar 10 00:16:40 UTC 2008

Philippe Beaudette wrote:
> From: "Mark Ryan" <ultrablue at gmail.com
>> On 09/03/2008, Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:
>>
>>> This lack of understanding is something you share with other high
>>> volume posters.  When important people start to leave the list,
>>> you don't see this as a loss.  The only important thing is that
>>> you can post, post, post.  Just as the only important thing about
>>> Wikimania is whether you can go.  It's all about you, you, you.
>>>
>> That seems a bit rude...
>>
>> ~Mark Ryan
>>
> I think you're wrong Mark.  It's not a bit rude... it's TERRIBLY rude.
>
> Philippe

Without commenting directly about Lars, this seems to be a fine example
lesson on how to escalate a dispute.  Mark's comments may very well be
slightly understated, and lead to the "rude" person's quiet modification
of his behaviour.  Shouting that the person's "TERRIBLY rude" behaviour
merely encourages a defensive response.

Ec