[Foundation-l] iPhone App

Judson Dunn cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Sun Mar 9 17:05:15 UTC 2008

I haven't seen anything that would imply that Apple wouldn't let you
distribute open source apps through iTunes. I doubt they would provide
access to the source code themselves of course, but nothing is
stopping people from distributing binaries that way, and having the
source code available on their website.

Here's a crazy what if. What if we make it open source, but charge
something small for it, like $1-$5, and have that donated to the
foundation, or to Mediawiki development? I don't think this would play
very badly at all on the web PR-wise, if it was cheap enough, people
would feel good about paying.

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion