[Foundation-l] Report on board meeting

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sun Mar 9 13:41:12 UTC 2008

Brianna Laugher wrote:

> Since we couldn't start the formal structure before getting WMF
> approval, Wikimedia Australia doesn't really have a "head".

This is confusing.  Wikimedia Sverige (the Swedish chapter) was
required to have its structures in place (October 2007) before
being accepted as a chapter (December 2007).  Has that policy now
turned completely upside down?

One problem was that we couldn't use the name "Wikimedia" before
we were approved, so we started out under a slightly different
name, and then changed our name to Wikimedia Sverige once we got
approved as a chapter.  All this was done while communicating with
the chapters committee, with our proposed bylaws being reviewed,
so that we could adopt the bylaws and know we would succeed.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)