[Foundation-l] [Fwd: About Alexandria] -> to Usenet ?

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 21:03:12 UTC 2008

Most modern mail clients thread email responses either by color coding
them and indenting in Apple Mail, or using >'s and indenting in other
windows based clients. Personally, I find reminding people about top-
posting to be about the same as reminding them about grammar and
spelling. It generally is an unproductive waste of time, especially
when the message is easy to understand.  None of the messages in this
thread have been particularly long, nor confusing.

I never quite understand why people are complaining about the volume
of traffic on this list. You participated this thread, so you
obviously know what the general content of it is. Others could quickly
view from the thread's title what the general  topic of it is, and
after reading a post or two, whether it is one that they wish to spend
time reading. Nobody is forcing you to sit and read through every
thread, and certainly complaining about the list volume is not making
it any better.

-Dan