[Foundation-l] Report on board meeting

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:31:37 UTC 2008

On 04/03/2008, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  Second, please note that Wikimedia Hong Kong and Australia join the
>  network of Wikimedia chapters (welcome !). I would love it if the heads
>  of both chapters write us a little note, perhaps briefly introducing
>  their chapters, the people on their board and what they intend to do in
>  the coming year.

A belated reply,

Since we couldn't start the formal structure before getting WMF
approval, Wikimedia Australia doesn't really have a "head". But as one
of the people organising, I would like to say thankyou on behalf of
all WMA's potential members, to chapcom & WMF for all their help and
fast approval. It's really - heartwarming!

It's really exciting now, that after much deliberation the wheels are
turning and things are happening. We hope to have completed the local
incorporation process and held our first AGM (to elect the committee)
by July. When we have that AGM I will try and remember to make sure
someone posts the details to foundation-l.

thanks again,
Brianna
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Australia>

http://modernthings.org/