[Foundation-l] Concern for the safety of Wikimanians in Alexandria

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 09:49:39 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Giving up the global reach and approach is completely contrary to what the
Wikimedia Foundation is and does. Even the people working in the
organisation reflect this. Without a global meeting of Wikimedians the
provincial attitudes will only become more dominant. Bending Wikimania in
order to be as close to where our community is .... Considering that the
number of articles is slowly becoming more balanced and considering that
even the English Wikipedia has contributors all over the world, there is no
such thing as an "obvious" location to choose from.
Thanks,
    GerardM