[Foundation-l] Jimmy Wales in the news

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Mar 7 05:04:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu> wrote:
> Danny, do you read my e-mails or just reply to them? I already replied to
>  you in this thread that Jimmy was synonymous with Bomis, as he was the sole
>  decisionmaking authority.

I certainly disagree that you can treat a company as synonymous with a
person when that person doesn't even own 100% of that company.  It
doesn't even seem accurate to call that person "the sole
decisionmaking authority" in such a case, as even minority
shareholders have rights.

Also, Jimmy doesn't even call himself "the sole decisionmaking
authority" in that post.  He calls himself "the final decisionmaking
authority", which is a fairly significant difference when you consider
the context.

Jimmy may have claimed to be synonymous with Bomis (at least in one
moment that suited him), but he wasn't.