[Foundation-l] Concern for the safety of Wikimanians in Alexandria

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 16:20:51 UTC 2008

Whatever it is I think it is quite a stretch to construe it as condoning or
endorsing bigotry. You don't endorse all the policies of a locale when you
visit. I don't anyway, maybe you do. It may have been an oversight; it may
have been a decision made without the background we have now; it may have
been an intentional decision to combat the problems you find in Egypt.
Condoning bigotry? I doubt it.

I think we should wait for more information. As others often say, the signal
is getting lost in the noise. If Sue and Mike are both doing additional
research, and a professional threat assessment is being solicited, then
there is very little else we can achieve here except debate each others
missteps in additional comments.

Nathan