[Foundation-l] Stillman Wiki Wall Update!

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Mar 6 03:23:28 UTC 2008

Hey -

you may remember that a while ago, we asked for community submissions on:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Stillman_Wiki_Wall_Photo_Contest

There was a pretty, light-up photo wall in our San Francisco office
space when we moved in (the previous tenant was a designer), so it was
only natural for us to use it to feature photos taken of and by
members of the community. We picked 9 of the submissions and put them
on our wall:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Wikimedia_Stillman_Contest_Wall_1.jpg

This is still missing the little labels attributing the photographers
and describing the content - those will follow shortly, and I hope we
can get away with fair use until then ;-). But I can tell you, it
really makes the pictures look quite amazing.  It's the kind of low
cost effort that really creates a "Wikipedian" atmosphere.

We also have a big corkboard on our kitchen wall that has dozens of
photos from Wikimedia events on it - it's really quite lovely. :-)

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation