[Foundation-l] Jimmy Wales in the news

Philippe Beaudette philippebeaudette at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 03:07:59 UTC 2008

From: "Anthony" <wikimail at inbox.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 5:24 PM

> I don't think I can chalk this up as "old stuff" as long as people
> involved in the foundation keep lying to and/or misleading the public
> about it.  Sue's comments in particular I found very disturbing.
>
> If you want some "new stuff", though, can someone please explain the
> "employee receivable" and "allowance for doubtful employee" accounts?
> You don't have to name names when doing so.

Anthony,

While I have never questioned anyone's right to reasonable discussion, your
implication that Sue is lying is way, way, WAY out of line.  Put up or shut
up.  Call her a liar, or don't, but either way your emails are headed
straight for my trash-can.

In civilized discourse, one does not get to wantonly call someone a liar.  I
think you have, once again, crossed a line.

Everything I've seen of Sue suggests that she's an above-board, ethical
woman.  You can disagree without calling someone a liar.  You can question -
even firmly - without resorting to name-calling.  You have failed to do so
and I find it particularly offensive.  I respect those who question and
those who resist.  There's a place in this community for an agitator.
Common courtesy is required, however.

Philippe