[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Yoni Weiden yonidebest at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 21:24:19 UTC 2008

We are not asking to remove the images from Commons, but to remove them from
such galleries. How can we refer our readers to "Pictures of Ariel Sharon"
when such pictures are displayed in the page?

We are not talking of Ariel Sharon's images only, this is only an example.
Also, this regards racist pictures of all nations, not only Jewish.

Furthermore, the boycott refers to the galleries themselves, not ALL
pictures of Commons. That would just be impractical. Are you familiar with
the {{Commons}} template? That link will be removed from all articles that
include racist pictures.