[Foundation-l] leaflets

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Mar 4 11:08:21 UTC 2008

Ziko van Dijk wrote:

> So, I would like to know, how you (Lars and others) difine your
> target group.

What would be the best way to document this?  An infobox on
Commons?

The Swedish brochure (A4 folded into 4 pages of A5 size) is used
for recruiting members to the Swedish chapter, but also provides a
background for people who don't really know what Wikipedia is.

The way I typically use this brochure is that I show the front
page and ask "do you know there is a free encyclopedia called
Wikipedia?"  Most people laugh and say that of course they know
this.  Then I turn it around and show the back side, starting to
explain that there is now a Swedish chapter that they can join.
But some people don't laugh and have never heard of Wikipedia, so
then I get to explain that part.  Both ways, we're recruiting
supporters, and we're spreading the word that Wikipedia exists.

Maybe we should capture a short video of how this brochure is
typically used?

In the next step, I wish we could also provide something like the
German "Das kleine Wikipedia-Einmaleins" and why not an entire
textbook, plus a full program of leaflets on Wiktionary,
Wikisource, Wikimedia Commons, etc.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)