[Foundation-l] Muhammad-complaint Ping Pong

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 22:55:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

I wanted to share with you something quite interesting. In the recent
(declining) number of email complaints, people are now using chain
letters without actually reading/understanding them. This is what just
came to OTRS:

"From: @hotmail.com

The reason for requesting removal of these pictures is that Islam
does not allow drawing of human beings as it is the first step that
leads to idol making. Also it is forbidden to show any images of any
kind of the prophet, or any prophets regardless. This is highly
offensive to the entire Muslim Community. Kindly remove the images of
the Prophet Mohammad (SAW).

Thank You"

AFTER
THAT Youre going to get a stupid response from them about how they try
to be honest and fair and accurate with their entries, and to them the
pictures are legit, so reply with this:

"Thank you for
replying but if you are supposed to put accurate information then why
do you put images up that are not accurate? If you are speaking about a
religion that does not support images and such, then why do you put
them up in an article about that religion? They are not made by any
Islamic source since it is forbidden to have any images, so therefore
it can not be accurate. All I am asking is for you to take down the
inappropriate pictures, this article is fine without them. Since your
goal is to "provide full and accurate information" then i suggest the
images be removed so your goal can be attained.

Thank you again"

I think I will include a response to the second email in my first
answer to reduce traffic to the network.

Mathias