[Foundation-l] leaflets

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 11:32:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Ziko van Dijk <zvandijk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know what kind of leaflets we need, exactly, for what
>  people.

Ziko van Dijk,

I'm glad you asked : we need promo material for wikisource, in
English.  There is a French and a German flyer for Wikisource, and
both are marked as "draft, do not use yet".

The German flyer doesnt have a text layer, so unless I transcribe it,
I cant machine translate it, so I dont know how good/bad it is.  I can
say it is not using the full potential of the PDF format.  It would be
helpful if all leaflets not only include text, but note which images
were used in the construction of the PDF (I'm hoping the images are on
Commons) .  As you've noted in another sub-thread, not all images are
appropriate for a another language, however most are.

The French flyer, as I understand it via machine translation, is
pretty good (on the second page).  I doubt it would "grab" the average
person, but it does present it as a serious project that experts in
the field would probably bother to go visit the site.

--
John