[Foundation-l] Top posters

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 12:35:57 UTC 2008

On 02/03/2008, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> Mark Williamson wrote:
>  > i'm just disappointed i didn't even place. can i get a consolation
>  > prize? speaking from experience, whoever is at the top (i dont
>  > recall), theyre basically tellingyou to turn it down a little or face
>  > moderationbut as politely as psosible.
>  >

> ?? But you're in there with 16.

"place" means top 3 - horse racing term. (Don't kill me, I can't help
myself! ;))

>  I see that my total has dropped.  I engaged in a positive but easy act
>  of self-discipline.  Whenever I disagree with one of Thomas' posts I ask
>  myself, "Do I really need to answer this?"  It works wonders.

I ask myself "Is my answer at all useful?", which is "yes" rather more
often than your question, so might explain the larger number of
emails. I do often realise that it's "no" halfway through writing a
reply and discard it, or discard it while proof reading - the 46 I
clicked "send" on were the best 46 out of quite a few more, so count
yourselves lucky! ;)