[Foundation-l] Tragical dynamics: that run for the number of articles

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 21:00:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Andrew Lih <andrew.lih at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it's good to remind folks that "article count" is not a good
> metric as it fails to take into account the cultural norms within the
> language communities.

A year ago, some admins at de.wp (including me) tried and failed to
replace the "article count" on the de.wp front page by a rather vague
statement of "hundreds of thousands of articles" along with the
counter for articles with the "featured article" status. Not that it
would be impossible to compromise that number, but at least I felt it
was something worth focusing on to display it to our visitors.

Mathias