[Foundation-l] Global rights proposal

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 09:13:56 UTC 2008

> There is no such thing.[2]

No Albanian Wikispecies? Aww. I'm sure there will be soon. Can't wait.

> > The en community deserves its voting block:
> > there is no good reason to limit the powers of said block.
>
> The last vote was conducted as "one person one vote" and it was an
> appalling displaying of uninformed English Wikipedians riding rough
> shot over the rest of the community.  Brute force.
>
> 1. http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wikipedias#100_000.2B_articles
> 2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:SiteMatrix
>
> --
> John

An "appalling display". John, you sound horribly like the corrupt Brussels Eurocrats wailing and gnashing their teeth over the "uninformed Irish peasants" who have wrecked their beautiful constitutional treaty. Stop it now! You can't just choose to negate the voice of the biggest chunk of the Wikimedian community simply because you don't like what that chunk says. That's morally wrong and contrary to fundamental Wikimedia principles (such as consensus).

CM