[Foundation-l] Voting suffrage criteria (established members should be able to vote)

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 10:07:19 UTC 2008

Hoi,
When you replace the current model where involvement is replaced by being a
member, there will be people who will not become members for all kinds of
reasons. Involving people in the processes of our organisation is tricky.
There is no silver bullit.

What should be obvious though is that when a profile is associated with an
e-mail account, something that people are explicitly urged to do in order to
be able to help with lost passwords, this whole particular issue would not
exist. When people use the existing methods that allow for this issue, there
is no need for membership or anything..

Largely the original issue is a non issue. Or what is it that I am missing ?
As to sock puppets, they have a high nuisance value. There are few good
reasons to have them and they do more harm then good.

Thanks,
     GerardM