[Foundation-l] Global rights proposal

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 04:19:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:33 PM, David Yellope <sirfozzie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not just En-Wiki, but any large project that has its own set of
> administrators/Stewards as well.
>
> Again, opt-in, not opt-out. If a community wants this anti-vandal/"global"
> sysop role, I have no problem with that. But until/unless a community opts
> in to this, it is an absolute non-starter

Opt-in is patently absurd.  I can see the value in moving this forward
by allowing large communities to decide they dont want to be part of
it, but most small wikis will have no knowledge of this, and language
barriers to conquer before they could opt into this.

Most wikimedia projects *trust* stewards, and commons admins with a
little reservation.  Only big wiki projects think that they are an
island unto themselves.

--
John