[Foundation-l] Global rights proposal

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 04:05:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:03 PM, David Yellope <sirfozzie at gmail.com> wrote:
> "And what of the possibilities of global changes which are substantially
> reduced in value if opted out of by some projects?"
>
> Then the changes are not worth doing on a global basis.
>
> If folks want to create an anti-vandal role to be used by the projects which
> want them, that's perfectly fine. However, the failed global sysop straw
> poll (60% oppose or higher) shows that there's no desire or want for certain
> big projects for this idea.

This is my straw man. Doesn't he burn nicely?   ;)

> There's a difference between "working together" and "letting the tail wag
> the dog".

Just because what has been proposed so far is "not worth doing on a
global basis" that doesn't mean there might not be things that will at
a later time.

Consistency has value. If you really see no value in consistency,
allow me to be the first to remind you of your ability to Fork. ;)