[Foundation-l] Please REJECT the latin wikinews project. inmediatly

Jesse Plamondon-Willard pathoschild at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 22:57:23 UTC 2008

Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> Am I wrong to just get more confused about this situation?  The function
> of any (sub-)committee is to recommend rather than to decide.
> [...]
> The committee's recommendations should take
> all of these into account and not get overly upset when the community or
> the Board occasionally comes to a different conclusion.

There is no community conclusion to take into account, and the board
has neither objected to any of our recommendations nor vetoed any
subcommittee decision. A group of users arguing on a mailing list with
no agreement or compromise is not a consensus. Should there such a
consensus, the policy would of course be updated accordingly.

--
Yours cordially,
Jesse Plamondon-Willard (Pathoschild)