[Foundation-l] New draft of privacy policy (urgent)

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 13:26:50 UTC 2008

Florence Devouard wrote:
> Hello participants !
>
> "term used on purpose"...
>
> Mike has drafted a new version of the privacy policy. Given that this
> policy is one of the nearest thing to define terms of agreements between
> WMF and editors, I invite you to not only read it carefully, but please
> also inform your community members on the relevant village pump.
>
> Your input is welcome. Please note that voting on this policy is planned
> next week-end during the 21st of June board meeting. So, input is
> welcome NOW.
>
> Thank you
>
> Anthere
>
> THE PAGE: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Draft_Privacy_Policy_June_2008

Hello,

Mike has written a new version of the privacy policy, taking into
account comments made on meta and this list, until the 19th of June.

You may find this new version here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Draft_Privacy_Policy_June_19_2008

I apology to those of you who worked on another draft in parallel. In an
ideal world, people would agree to work in the same place together (eg,
meta), rather than a mix of private and public wikis.
And in an ideal world, the Chair would not have to do the back and fro
between people to make sure input from everyone is collected.

But unfortunately (breaking news !!!), we do not live in an ideal world.

So, here is the new version; and, if possible, I'd like all those who
made comments until now, or those who worked on the parallel version, to
check if the new "lawyer approved" version seems fine or not. Please do
not hesitate to give a feedback.

Bad news, the board meeting is this evening and I am running out of time
this afternoon. So, if you guys think there is still work to do on it,
I'll remove it from the agenda this evening and it will be put on July
agenda. If no comment, I'll put it up for a vote. Sorry for the short delay.

Anthere