[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 23:55:59 UTC 2008

I wouldn't mind seeing some more detail, Sarah. Holding folks accountable
for their judgment is something we can do without the Foundation's input. I
think its clear to everyone that part of the problem, whatever its scope, is
the lack of more general recognition in the Wikimedia community of its
seriousness.

There are a few ways that the problem can become high profile enough for
everyone to think about it and take it seriously - the most obvious is
publicity following an attack of some sort, but another method can be
pointing out to people and the community when serious problems are
overlooked by people known for their judgment and awareness. It demonstrates
that stalkers and those whose history includes cross-project harassment can
be easily overlooked and even praised because we don't have an organized way
to track them, maintain a consolidated history or deal with them across the
larger community.

Nathan