[Foundation-l] Britannica

Kul Takanao Wadhwa kwadhwa at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 9 23:31:20 UTC 2008

We are open to the possibility of working with Britannica and/or
if it makes sense for everyone and compliments our mission
objectives. At this point, it would be better if they
approached us with an idea and/or proposal (instead of us
going to them) because Britannica is still trying to figure
out how to be successful in a world that is increasingly moving
online that values community and collaboration:

http://www.pandia.com/sew/672-britannica-follows-in-wikipedias-footsteps.html

and I'm not sure if anyone knows what Microsoft's plans for Encarta
are at this point...but we're open to exploring the possibilities...