[Foundation-l] Stalking Article

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 23:27:44 UTC 2008

Hoi,
It would be one of the issues for a project / volunteer council.. Having a
platform to get these issues trashed out makes sense. Having the Foundation
involved can be a bad idea on many levels. However, not addressing this is
bad in and of itself.

Sure the projects are not monolithic, and there has been many examples of
people who did not do too good on one project to be perfectly at home in
another project. When stalking is perpetrated by admins, when the policies
are clear how stalking can be dealt with, make sure that these admins get
blocked first and de-adminned second.. Not doing this is giving in to the
dark side.

What I would like to know from people like Mike, Erik or Sue is what room
they have to get involved in this issue. When this is better understood, it
gives a clue to those opposed to stalkers what more and what else needs to
be done.

Thanks,
     GerardM