[Foundation-l] Board elections: Statistics

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 11:35:28 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Change your language in your user preferences to Japanese and Betawiki is
not that English anymore.. When you hit the "Translate" button that can be
found in the sidebar, you will go immediately to the Japanese translation
track. The Betawiki software itself has been locaised into Japanese..
Betawiki IS a real MediaWiki wiki so it gives you context. I fail to see
your point.

The MediaWiki messages pop up from within the software.. The annotations
help understand the context. Without these annotations localisation is
indeed much more difficult and it is this what is offered in Betawiki only.
Once the localisation is done, the message do become available everywhere,
another advantage that you have nowhere else..

As all other projects, the localisation at Betawiki is done by well meaning
volunteers. We are happy with the work that is done but this does not imply
that it is as good as we would like to have it. To illustrate this point
look at the "group statistics" and you will notice how much work still needs
to be done for a first time. You will notice how much work needs to be done
for Japanese... When you state that the quality is not good enough for
Japanese, I will be the last to deny this. I will however be among the
people that will implore you to do the wiki thing and fix it.
Thanks,
      GerardM

http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:Group_statistics