[Foundation-l] Commons Usurp issue

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 18:27:22 UTC 2008

Skipping past all the discussion about the legal implications of SUL
(between people who are not lawyers...), I wonder if we have addressed the
issues that we actually can measure among ourselves - namely the question of
whether and how local policy can prevent the implementation of SUL, and what
other SUL-related issues will occur on local projects that were not
anticipated prior to implementation.

Here is an interesting conversation between sv.wiki Islander and en.wiki
Islander (a sysop): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Islander .
It looks like there was a bug involved (?) as well as some other issues of
unification etiquette between active and established users with conflicting
usernames.

Nathan