[Foundation-l] Public Outreach: Report and Newsletter (05/08)

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:16:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Casey Brown <cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:50 AM, Harel Cain <harel.cain at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, Frank.
>>
>> I find this kind of activity very interesting and important to the
>> continued growth of our projects. Are there previous reports and
>> newsletters available somewhere? Is there some page devoted to the
>> outreach efforts?
>>

>> Harel
>>

> Frank's is a new position, so I am pretty sure that this is the first
> report of its kind.  I do not think there is a page either, but I am
> sure there are pages devoted to some of the things that he mentioned
> (like "Wikipedia Academies").

This page, although rather uncoordinated, is a good start:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Events

On the specific subject of Outreach in teh Wikipedia Academy kind of
sense, many chapters have had initiatives around quality and
involvement of various publics in editing the Wikimedia projects.

At the top of my head:
-Wikimedia Deutschland with the Wikipedia Academy series [1]
-Wikimedia CH with the Wikipedia Tag [2]
- Wikimedia Nederland with the Wikimedia Conferentie Nederland [3]
- Wikimedia France with the Colloque sur Wikipedia [4]
- Wikimedia Poland with thier annual conference [5]
- Chinese WIkimedians (the Hong-Kong chapter was not there officially
yet) with the Chinese Wikimedia Conference in 2006 [6]
- Wikimedia Israel with the Wikimedia Conference Israel [7]

I am definitely forgetting some.

But it gives you an idea.

Best,

Delphine