[Foundation-l] Unable to vote

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 19:38:58 UTC 2008

Unfortunately, I've been so busy chairing the Chapters Committee,
administering the Foundation mailing list, and sorting through a few
hundred Wikimania scholarship applications that I haven't had much
time to edit Wikipedia lately.

On 29 May, when I had planned a nice weekend of editing ahead of me, I
was told that the cutoff for recent edits had been changed from 1 June
to that day.  Interpreting "between 01 January and 29 May 2008" to
mean "from 2008-01-01 00:00:00 UTC to 2008-05-29 23:59:59 UTC," I made
a smattering of edits and just barely made it in, or so I thought.

Unfortunately, the definition of "between" being used for the purpose
of suffrage is rather different, so it looks like I won't be voting
this year.

Austin