[Foundation-l] Board Election 2008 : fake candidature ?

Phil Nash pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 1 21:22:45 UTC 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Tally" <majorly.wiki at googlemail.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Board Election 2008 : fake candidature ?

2008/6/1 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:

> On 01/06/2008, Nicolas Guérin <nguerin.zurich at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry for this title a bit provocating,
> >  but i just wonder how a candidate for the board election 2008
> >  (User:Thekohser, see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thekohser )
> can run
> >  with :
> >
> >  * being banned indefinitely on en.wp (see :
> >
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log&type=block&page=User:Thekohser
> )
> >  * having at least 34 blocked sockpuppets on en.wp (see :
> >
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_sockpuppets_of_MyWikiBiz )
> >
> >  Did somebody already checked it, or is it really allowed to vote for
> such
> >  candidate ?
>
> I don't know of any of the candidacy requirements that would be
> violated by any of that. I would hope people would take it into
> account when voting, but if people want to vote for someone that's
> been banned from a project, they're allowed to do so. One project
> can't dictate whether or not someone can stand for the board of the
> whole foundation, can they?

No. Many users are banned on enwiki that are very welcome on other projects.
An example is Poetlister, who until recently was banned from enwiki. She is
a bureaucrat on en.wikiquote.

--
Al Tally
(User:Majorly)

I thought I recognised the name; but he claims to be active on en:wikipedia,
which cannot be true.
Not everyone will check this out, particularly from other wikis, and
therefore this must be miselading.
Notwithstanding his bona fides elsewhere, should this not be made more
apparent to voters?

[[User:Rodhullandemu]]