[Foundation-l] Copies of Wikipedia's articles found on Knol

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 05:02:26 UTC 2008

> I can't see how content distributed under the licenses Knol offers can
> be reproduced in WMF projects, and I can't see how content produced
> under WMF's licensing options can be reproduced in Knol.  To me, that
> raises a serious problem.

Could you explain that? My understanding was that something released
under CC-BY could be used pretty much anywhere as long as it's
appropriately attributed. We attribute all content on Wikipedia, so
why can't we use it? (The other direction obviously can't be done,
there's no dispute there, as far as I can see.)